Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sew much fun!

I've been waiting rather impatiently for two white envelopes arriving from Finland. In those were my first issues of Ottobre, a fantastic sewing publication.

I was more than a bit intimidated when I opened the magazine and saw a veritable maze of crisscrossing lines in various colors that turned out to be the patterns! I'd never used this type of pattern before, but I usually do trace my patterns on to paper because I use multiple sizes.

I chose a very simple dress for my first go and it was one of the easiest dresses I've ever done. Almost as easy as an A-line. The instructions were much better than the "big 4" pattern companies. Ottobre assumes you know how to sew. It's a matter of put these two pieces together and sew the seams. I can't wait to try more of the patterns!

No comments: