Thursday, September 22, 2005

Prayers

Like so many others across this country, my thoughts and prayers are with those who are in the path of Rita.

This weekend my husband was supposed to go to Slidell, La., to help with the cleanup effort. however, that trip has been postponed by a week or more. hopefully those families who were spared Katrina's wrath will also come unscathed from Rita. Those who have already lost everything cannot lose any more, sadly.

Part of me also wonders that maybe Katrina was some sort of blessing in disguise. How many people evacuating now would have chose to ride out Rita, had Katrina not hit, but because of Katrina being so fresh in memory are choosing to leave?

People have said "why would God have two horrible hurricanes so close together?" I am choosing to believe that if Katrina had not hit and a thousand (I'm not sure on the current death toll) people died, that when Rita hit, many many more would die. Then, maybe we wouldn't feel as if those who died as a result of Katrina didn't die in vain, but as a warning to others to be wary of these powerful storms.

Yes, my trying to find any glimmer of hope from horrible situations is rather annoying, but it is the best coping method I have.

No comments: