Thursday, September 15, 2005

fall...NOT

one thing i don't think i will be able to get used to living in the south is the weather in the fall. September, in my mind, is a time when the weather cools down. It isn't too hot and it isn't too cool. It's just right...

well, not here!

it's 4 p.m. and currently a toasty 94 degrees!

Last year on Halloween, it was in the low 80s. It cools down to the mid60s come winter and will sometimes dip below that, but by March and April, it's back up into the low 80s.

THe seasons here should be renamed: Hot, Windy, Hotter, Oh I'm buring in the fires of Hell, Hurricane, Hot, Who knew humidity made the cold this biting...

3 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

LOL Micki! my sentiments *exactly*...not that i miss snow mind you--i'll take hurricanes (if that's any indication how i feel about a New England winter!!)--but i *do* wish we had Autumn. i am pretty fond of "orange blossom season" here in FL in March too...

*krystyn* said...

Hilarious! I've been to FL many times in all times of the year, so I completely understand.

sillypants said...

Ohhhh, I how I wish you were here...it is a lovely Fall day.

xoxo silly