Tuesday, September 06, 2005

consignment vs ebay

there's a big consignment sale in town. i'm supposed to be dropping my stuff off there in about 15 minutes but i'm not.

a couple issues that are hindering me from going. the first being this is a colossal pain in the butt!

when i signed up to do this, in the mail i received a piece of paper explaining i needed to print my tags on a certain weight paper, fill in the info and attach the items.

what i didn't receive were instructions on WHERE to drop the items off. i headed to the website to see where they were located. The location? At the old "some store" building. Well, that's just grand! I have no idea WHERE the old store even WAS. I called the number. It's the owner's home phone and she's not answering.

As i scrolled through the website looking for possibly more helpful information, I stumbled across more information about how to attach the items...specifically with little safety pins, hangers going a specific direction, shoes must be ziptied together and all items need to have your specific seller number located on masking tape on the inside as well.

What i want to know is WHY this information wasn't sent in the original packet? Wouldn't this be helpful to know?

Honestly I was planning on stapling things on to the tag. I don't even have masking tape in my house and hadn't even considered doing anything to the shoes besides tying the laces together.

This is way too much effort on my part.

seriously, at this point, I'm going get out my digital camera and list everything on ebay. I'll probably get more money out of it, too. and, i won't have to waste my precious gas driving all over town trying to find this place!

i'm bummed tho because i could REALLY use the money. ah well.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I surely don't blame you...that is exactly why I stopped doing the mega sales here...too much work and not enough money made...