Thursday, August 25, 2005

TTC

For the first time in more than 9 years, we are TTC. Shocked? Especially since we have four children already?

People say "don't you know what causes it?" I answer "I know what causes it, it's the preventing it that's the problem!"

Of our four darlings, three were conceived while trying to prevent. I have lost pretty much all faith in human-designed ways to prevent pregnancy. I've come to the mind that if God decides that it's time for me to have a baby, no amount of preventing on my part is going to keep that from happening.

So with great excitement, we're are now TTC. We feel ready. We want another child. We feel another child is out there waiting for us.

Of course, it took us 18 months to conceive our first. Now that we're actually trying again, I'm half expecting it to take a long time again since we're now doing this because we want to and not necessarily because God has decided it's time. I mean, we're open to God's plan for our family, believe me...it's just we're saying, finally "OK, Lord we're ready!" and the cynic in me is thinking the Lord will answer, "Great, but it's not time yet."

Now, after I ovulated, I get to play the great waiting game. Watching my temps and waiting for any sign that we might have succeeded on our first try.

Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Best wishes!

Missy said...

Oh how cool! I have 4 also. I only PLANNED one of them (#3)... she's been the biggest handful also! LOL

Good luck to you on your conception :) And... have fun trying!