Tuesday, August 16, 2005

my first post on my new blog....

this post is really to explain how my blog got it's name and just a sample of some of what you will read here.

today is definitely one of those days...

it started out well enough. got the kids to school on time, came home and loaded the daycare kids up in my van then we all headed off to the ymca. i did 45 minutes of spinning class followed by some time in the treadmill and elyptical machines. i was beat!

once we got home is when things went wrong, terribly wrong. and, amazingly enough, kari wasn't the culprit this time!

i was unloading the kids from the van. got everyone settled inside. the baby was asleep in her carseat. kari wanted to nurse and ben wanted a cookie. i told ben to wait just a moment and i would help him. but, ben, being an independent 4 yo decided to help himself. normally this wouldn't be a problem, but this time, ben didn't know where i put the cookies.

he saw a bag on top of the fridge that in his mind, looked like it could hold the cookies. problem: it was a can of paint....a can of RED paint.

so i did what any exasperated mother would do...i shoved the kids into the backyard and tried to clean up the mess. there was so much paint! at first, i tried slopping it up but that just made it bigger. then it came to me...i hadn't finished painting this color in the hallway...so i got out my roller and painted the doors down the hallway! there was just enough paint on the floor to cover 3 1/2 doors.

by this time, the kids were done outside ... so i gave them the cookies and said "have at it!" i figured it would keep them quiet and out of my way while i moved the refrigerator (did i mention the paint spilled down the front of my freshly painted cabinets and my brand new refrigerator?)

meanwhile, the baby is waking up and screaming. she had to wait.

my hair is now covered in red paint, my gym clothes are covered in red paint, my cabinet is covered in red paint...but the floor and the refrigerator aren't. the kids are happy now...and i'm completely pooped!

No comments: