Friday, October 21, 2005

am i invisible?

After an incident at the school today, I was left wondering if I really am invisible. See, my super powers...i can vanish and overhear you talking about me and you never will know I'm there!

Reality check...not for me, for the lunchlady who, for whatever reason, felt it necessary to badmouth me to her coworker when I was standing 3 feet away! And, being the mature person that I am, I restrained myself and left a note for the principal of the school to call me. Yup, I tattled.

First of all, whatever issues I have for the wicked lunchlady/evil crosswalk dictator are between the two of us. Yes, I realize that it isn't HER problem that I had four children under 4 and couldn't park a half block from the school, get out all the children, walk through the parking lot, cross the street all to get my kids from school. What I asked her was where I could go where I didn't have to get everyone out...if I had any options. All I got from her was "It's not my problem" UGH Forgive me for expecting the person telling me where I *COULDN'T* park could tell me some place where I COULD park! I have since found out I CAN park in the main parking lot despite the 3 foot pot hole and city sewer warning baricade. It would have been nice if the administration at the school would have notified the parents ahead of time that there would be changes in where parents could park for pickup.

Second, it was highly unprofessional and downright inappropriate for her to start blabbering to her coworker while I was standing RIGHT THERE about it. I heard her say "she's the one who said she had four kids in the car and i *told* her that it's not my problem" yadda yadda yadda

If she's going to say things like that in front of the parent she's TALKING about in a room cafeteria full of students and other parents, what else is she saying?

I understand that people gossip and talk about "those people" they encounter at work. I'm not upset about that. Heck, that's what I'm doing here :P What I'm upset about is the FORUM in which she did it...like IN FRONT OF ME, in front of students, in front of other parents.

Anyway, now I'm waitinf for the principal to call me back. If I don't hear from her on Monday, I'll be giving her another call.

Of course if crosswalk dictator flips me the bird or some other dirty look, I'll know the principal said something hahaha

Oh and if this makes ANY difference in this, this particular crossing guard is the ONLY ONE that doesn't wave or smile at the parents as they drive by. All the other ones do. She NEVER smiles. Always has a scowl on her face.

No comments: