Thursday, November 03, 2005

more on the school thing

anyway, the AP agreed with my assessment of teh situation, that all the incidents taken together, and knowing my child...were a problem.

The best news is they should be having a permanent teacher starting MONDAY! woohoo she's just waiting to get released out of her contract in another district.

She is also going to look into what happened with the posessive plural test to see if it was the whole class that bombed it or just alex. either way, they are going to have the reading coach go in and help either the whole class or just alex grasp the topic. Given that Alex is actually an EXCELLENT student, him scoring that low on a test is a big red flag.

I also let the AP know that we had dealt with Alex's behavior at home and he received appropriate punishment, so she knew I wasn't dumping this all on the school. I also told her that, honestly, if there was anyway to be in there teaching that class, I would have done it myself LOL I'm very glad the admin at this school is so open to parents. Of course, I don't know how much it has to do with us grilling the AP before we enrolled the kids about how things were handled at the school. She knows we are active and involved parents and since D is also a teacher, we won't be coming in with gripes at every turn...ya know, most of our complaints/concerns will be valid and have gone through the proper channels first.

No comments: